What a way to end the year! Thanks to Steve Silver and the Sirius Decisions team for the gift of sharing their knowledge and insights about Sales Transformation and “dynamically guided selling.”
A few of Steve’s highlights, included:
- Most sales organizations are not even aware of the hidden costs of lost productivity and the competitive disadvantages it creates.
- Lack of integration causes redundant data entry, and slows or inhibits the execution of critical activities.
- High-performing sales reps are in constant demand – they will leave a company if they’re spending too much time on systems/admin issues.
- Activity-based enablement starts with a detailed understanding of how reps work (pre-call, in the call, post-call) and then seeks to maximize the productivity of every activity.
- Changing your paradigm to think about your systems “going to” the rep instead of the rep having to “go to” the systems.
- Emerging tools can provide a workspace for reps to execute the critical activities they do regularly (i.e. configure-price-quote), by integrating all the systems they need.
- Technology investment must deliver value to both the business and the sales rep.
Needs of the Business
Needs of the Sales Rep
Suggested Action items for:
- Sales Leaders
- Lead the charge for continuous improvement of productivity
- Engage with technology decisions and insist on clear benefits for sales reps
- Sales Operations
- Seek to consolidate tools and resources to maximize reps’ everyday activities.
- Do not confuse tool adoption (e.g. logins) with engagement.
- Sales Enablement
- Deliver sales assets in a just-in-time, just-when-needed environment, when and where reps work
- Partner with sales operations to eliminate inefficiencies that inhibit growth and competitiveness
We hope you find this information valuable and that you close your year strong. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday season.
The MobileForce Software Team